What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social network and a mobile application simultaneously, which allows its users to upload images and videos with multiple photographic effects such as filters, frames, retro colours, etc., to later share those images on the same platform or other networks social.
What were the Origins of Instagram?
- The history of Instagram is awe-inspiring since four years after its launch, it was already considered the essential photography social network in the world.
- Instagram was developed in San Francisco by its founder, Kevin Systrom, a college classmate of Mark Zuckerberg
- Kevin created a photography tool tailored to the iPhone 4 camera. The product was launched at the Apple Store on October 6, 2010, dubbed Instagram.
- In 2011, the already famous “hashtags” were added to help users find images of the same theme.
- The first photograph uploaded to Instagram was from the hand of its founder to make the first test of the App.
The First Photograph Uploaded To Instagram
In 2012, the Android version open to the public came out, which achieved more than a million downloads in less than 24 hours.
That Same Year, The Company Was Bought By Facebook For One Billion USD.
In 2013, it gave in to user demands and introduced the possibility of tagging people and brands in any of the published photos. That same year she integrated Instagram Direct, which is how to send direct and private messages with images or videos.
In 2015 Instagram was number one in the ranking “The 100 best iPhone apps” created by Mashable, highlighting that it was “one of the most influential social networks in the world”.
What is Instagram For?
With more than 1,000 million users, this social network is used to share images and videos, applying filters and thus getting a photo taken with the mobile to become a professional image.
The Procedure Is Straightforward.
The user takes a photo or records a video from his mobile, applies a filter or photo retouch (light, saturation, etc.) and shares it with his community, choosing whether to do it temporarily or fix it on his wall.
It is also possible to share that image on other social networks and publish the famous ” Instagram Stories “, which we discussed earlier in this blog and have caused a tangible furore since the platform made them available several years ago.
Humanize your Brand with your Stories
What are the advantages of using this platform in your digital strategy?
Once we know what Instagram is and a little about its origins, let’s see why I strongly recommend you use this App professionally:
Advantages of Instagram to Enhance your Brand
- If you are an independent professional and what interests you is to promote your brand, this social network is the best option
- But why? 40% of people respond better to visual information than to text.
- Photographs and videos are the type of content that get the best response on social networks, so this data is more than enough to integrate it into your brand strategy.
Suppose you also add that this platform has more than 1 billion users, as I mentioned before. In that case, you will begin to understand why you are interest in creating an Instagram account as soon as possible if you do not already have one.
- It is a platform where it is relatively easy to get visibility.
- Is currently the social network with the highest engagement in most sectors, as I have already clarified.
- It means that user interaction with content is one of the highest compare to other networks.
Important! And don’t forget the hashtags: you must choose the most successful ones related to what you do.
Increased Traffic To Your Blog
To get users who visit your profile to reach your website or blog, I recommend you carry out different actions:
- Add the URL of your website in the biography of your profile
- Also add watermark on your images with the name or URL of your website
- Add also pictures of your items or services
You Will Humanize Your Brand More
Your brand is you, a person, yet I see hundreds of “personal brand” profiles that do not show a single image of themselves and act as if they are just a business.
- We all have a story to tell, and we all have professional passions and hobbies that motivate us.
- When you work on your brand, you need to tell your story.
- Human beings are curious by nature. Your followers want to know who you are and what you do.
- Humanize your brand more
- Don’t worry, you don’t need to show EVERYTHING you do, but what I recommend is that you offer your most human side, expressing how much you like doing your job.
For example, in this image, I have been “hunt” while I teach in the Digital Marketing Master of Webescuela.
- Show your daily personal and professional actions that have to do with your work or services.
- Also record videos explaining what you do and what you offer.
- Show small details that generate empathy with your followers from time to time. It is possible that by showing your hobbies, you get new followers.
- Do you have a dog? Present it! Did you make a fantastic cake? Teach her!
Advantages For Your Company Or Business
- It also is an essential platform for the digital transformation of your business.
- Increased visibility of your company.
- Create engagement with your users.
- Humanize your business.
- Generate brand traffic to your website.
- Promote your products visually outside your website.
Now that you know what Instagram is, what it is for and how you can include it in your digital strategy, I hope you will follow the steps I have given you, whether you want to work on your brand or promote your company
Review What is Instagram?.